Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Turtle Found Over-Drive

Poor Hemi looks tired out from helping me work on my Secret of the Stole. Here I've been back and forth from Hint 3 into Hint 4 and so on far too many times. The cool thing is that just a few weeks ago, I wouldn't have noticed my errors. Worse? I wouldn't have bothered to "fix em". I just would have incorporated em into the project and thought of em as my own interpretation of the design. I know better now and I care much more about how I re-create someone else's hard work and creativity.
I had myself a little knitting marathon yesterday and did all of Hint 5 in one sitting. It was so cool! I started knitting to a tempo in my head and didn't stop! No mistakes either; at one point I looked down and said to myself "Whoa there Cowgirl...how about a lifeline?" I hadn't even bothered to move a lifeline for 20 some rows. How cool is that?!? A totally bright (and I'm sure - rare) moment in my knitting life that I'll remember for a long time.
Bet you love seeing my messy office/dining room behind the ladder, huh? And I'm such a Goober...I wanted a wooden ladder so as to push pins into it to hang the Stole on...and I grabbed the super-tall orchard ladder! It just barely opens in the kitchen. It's blowing a gale outside and rainy off and on so I had no choice but to try this inside. It worked but golly, there's nothing like natural sunlight.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get some natural sunlight and no rain soon so you can photograph that beauty outside! Way to go, you rock!!

Vykky said...

Natural sunlight and no rain in Washington in November? Probably not but that's all good...we need the pond to fill back up. Naw, I'm thinking by the time I do Hint 6, I'll have some better ideas for lighting. But thank you! I'm pretty proud of myself!

stitchin' girl said...

I love your stole. Good for you for pushing through and completing the clues without errors. I am really a turtle and have not yet finshed clue #1, but yours inspires me to keep going.

Vykky said...

LOL - no errors in just this hint one Stitchin Girl! I'm sure I'll be back to normal "do it 3 times" here soon! And hey...look at all the other projects you're doing and finishing...you're light years ahead of me! But it's so much fun and coming out so pretty...can't wait to do more and see yours too. Keep knitting!

Jen said...

OMGawsh! It is GORGEOUS! :)

CraftyGryphon said...

Oh, that's gorgeous!! (I incorrectly linked to just one entry in your blog, instead of your whole blog, so I'm doing catchup reading today.)

I love the idea of using a ladder to block the SotS - because I hadn't a clue how I was going to accomplish it, if I ever finish the darned thing!

CraftyGryphon said...

(Psst, I just tagged you for a meme on my blog. No pressure; I noticed you hadn't posted for a while, so if you're busy, no worries!)