Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Tying Knots with Sticks

Somebody emailed and reprimanded me for not having more knitting on this blog. OK. It's not as if I haven't been knitting...it's more a matter of writing it down and maybe even remembering to snap a pic before I give it away. Hmmm...yes, that's a problem I have. I don't think I even have a photo of any FO's cuz I tend to give them to someone as soon as they're blocked and freshened up. Or...worse, I end up ass-deep in the ole Frog Pond and decide that this yarn will be much happier in this project. Yup, I do that too. Ex: Last year I did a quickie scarf for my Man in Yak. Not the soft and girly fluffy stuff but the more manly shades of tan and brown in it's natural (and mostly guard hair?) state. I like the stuff. I REALLY like it. But the Man said - and I'll quote - "Eeuuuwww". Okey dokey, frog it and think a bit.
Well, now that my fav LYS is going out of business (like, how dare she retire?), I need to hock a kidney and see about scoring some more of this stuff so as to make a hoodie. I'll see about getting a pic sometime during the evolution of this project.
In the mean-time, I'll work on adding a side-bar with "On the Needles" and maybe even an "In the Thinking Stage" list. More of a tickler but you get the idea. I figure if I sacrifice 2 hours sleep a night, I can have more time to knit as well as keeping up with those zany ladies over at Lime N' Violet. Oh yes, I've become addicted to not only their podcasts (the cats really wonder who Mom is listening to as she furiously knits on the never-ending baby blanket) but also their Message Board. They even have a Chore Wars thingie - set up for fiber freaks like me - that is entirely too effective at wasting time and inducing stupid grins.
The best part of becoming "a Stalker"? The gentle but insistent pressure to succumb to socks! Yes folks, you heard it here first...I'm going to do socks! (About time, they grumble...after all those hats and scarves and sweaters and blankets...grrr...)
This is the Bitterroot Rainbow colorway from those talented people at Mountain Colors. I'm hoping to get all the chores and critter care and such done early this afternoon so as to chill out a bit and do my offical "Cast On" of socks! Squee!
OK....stuff to do and more stuff to do...

No comments: