Saturday, June 16, 2007

There's No Such Thing as a Free Puppy

Or as in this case...a free travel trailer. On Mother's Day, we towed home this free gift. It's a 29.5 foot Fleetwood Wilderness Travel Trailer. That's my lovely daughter helping to scrub away the green meanies. It's cleaned up quite well and looks like new...until you see all the water damage inside. No worries, all the water lines are new, a new bath faucet and counter top will soon be installed along with a comfy loveseat and hand-built end table/stash cupboard by yours truly.
This is the main project that has been making me crazy. You see, when you're mildly OCD, having unfinished projects tends to work on your nerves. And an almost 30 foot long project that you park next to in the driveway, see every time you look out your kitchen window and walk by every time you leave the house is nerve-wracking to someone like myself. Thank goodness I'm on the down-hill side of renovating this beast. I'm saving the hot water heater replacement for when we bring it back home from the race track. I've got to finish the frame/pedastal that the love seat will sit on, fabricate an end table/storage cupboard, install a counter-top and the new faucet in the bathroom as well as test and install the recently re-built water pump. Then a day spent doing the laminate flooring and carpet and I'll be ready to pack the cupboards and make the bed.
Whew.
I'm ready to be done with this.

No comments: