Thursday, July 19, 2007

OCD Everybody!

Well, maybe not EVerybody but the folks over at LibraryThing sure do have a freaking awesome idea! Seems like this guy Tim came up with the idea of cataloging one's library online. Since lots of folks are creating catalogs and lists and databases online these days, this was a simple step up. The tiny little idea that makes it so cool is that Tim was smart enough to couple with Amazon and gets a trickle of cash-ola for showing book covers, etc.. Pure genius.
I've already started and be warned: it's addictive. I've been running back and forth from the bookshelves to the desk with armloads of books (gads, I need to dust) and entering either by title or ISBN. It's that easy. You get to add your own tags and/or notes, it shows you immediately how many other folks have a listing for that same book and you can even hook up with other folks with similar interests. All this for free for up to 200 books. I think I'm gonna go for it and buy the lifetime membership...it's only 25$ and man, I've got a lot of books. Looks like I better make another trip to storage and lug some boxes home, huh.

No comments: