Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Chancey and the Dragon


Chancey and the Dragon
Originally uploaded by vykky3630.
Chancey gets his name from having a Second Chance in life...with me. He was horribly abused as a kitten - the Vet told me to take him home and let him die. Harrumph. I OD'ed him on love instead. 12 years later and I'm all good with calling him "the Man of the house". He loves everyone, barks instead of meows and can only purr a wee bit. Since he had so much internal damage done to him as a baby, it's like God compensated with a generous heart. When a new "rescue" comes home, Chancey is the first to go sniff and/or touch noses. When someone (human or feline) is feeling under the weather, he wraps himself to share warmth and a squinty-eyed smile. I am truly blessed sharing my life with this special guy.

No comments: