Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My First Yarn


My First Yarn
Originally uploaded by vykky3630.
I really am pretty ok with this as my first spindle full as I followed direction and didn't sweat making it super fine. Instead, I focused on continuity and smoothness. What I didn't notice/see/know was that in making it nice and snugly smooth, I was also over-twisting it. I practised that Peruvian hand-weave move and then plied it back onto itself. That ole light bulb came on again as I realized how I could now know when I was allowing too much twist...it makes so much more sense when you do it and see it! It's all good though...I'll either use this to make a wrist distaff or add to it and felt a bag to carry my spinning goodies. Oh...and that cool idea I mentioned? I saved my first 20 feet of spinning...lumps, slubs and all. I am going to make a miniature drop spindle to tie on/accent that felted tote bag. That way, I'll have a continuous reminder of how much I've learned and how much fun I'm having!

No comments: