Friday, March 16, 2007

Bruno: Baby Alpaca fleece


Bruno: Baby Alpaca fleece
Originally uploaded by vykky3630.
My first raw fleece! Yes, that's a kitty tail walking away. The cats aren't too interested in the alpaca smell. I just love it...fresh air, green alfalfa and gentle creature...all wrapped up in an oh-so-soft yet sassy red-headed fleece! He's proving to be an absolute dream to spin too...almost like butter melting in my hands. This delightful fiber helped me to over-come that mind block I had for doing a consistent long draft. Sure wish I'd tried alpaca roving weeks ago!
This particular fleece is that of Bruno; a fine young male from Hideaway Heavenly Acres in PA. I really like how she lists all of her fleeces with the animal's name. It's become important for me to know that since it personalizes the whole fiber processing, spinning and eventual knitting. I don't know how to explain it any better than that...it just seems right!

No comments: