Thursday, September 6, 2007

Techno Weenie Alert


My "Techno Weenie" self has climbed out of her closet for a brief appearance. I've allowed her to post here a few of my favorite reference charts. This first one (to the left) is a Conversion Chart - handy for taking centimeters to inches and such. I use this one more than I thought I would for more than knitting projects.



This next chart will be useful to you fellow dye pot fiends. It helps convert US ounces to metric grams. I use it not only for dye adventures but also in my soapmaking...very handy.
And her final contribution to geekiness is a US to MM to Crochet Hook Comparison Chart. Again, I use this more than I thought I would.

Now Miss Techno Weenie Geeky Self...back in your closet!
Although, if any of you out there are feeling your geekiness today, feel free to save these images to your own desktop for easy reference.
For PC users, simply right-click and choose Save Picture As.
For Macs, I'm assuming the latest OS release still allows you guys to click and hold? Somebody let me know as I'll wonder til I fire up the laptop later and find out.
Anybody interested in a chart that shows the new yarn weight numbering sytem with a brief description and recommended needle sizes?

No comments: