Friday, September 14, 2007

Progress on the Home Front

In recognition of my new Progress Bars (to the right in the sidebar), for which I thank Yarn Tomato...here is the infamous Moebius Cowl. Yes, I'm way late in jumping onboard the moebius boat but hey, better late than never, right? Besides, I just love Love LOVE this yarn and it's taken a few frogging adventures to find out what it wanted to become. At first, the whole cast-on and progress fought with my left-handed high IQ brain...but then the light bulb went on and my brain exhalted gleefully "This is Cool!"
And here we have the "Baby Blanket That Won't End". It's nearly done which is why I indicated it at 95%. That means I have to get off my lazy butt, weave in all those loose ends (can you say 8 skeins of yarn in this bad boy?!?) and then do the wash/freshen/block dance. THEN I'll happily wrap it up and give it to Mama-to-be. I folded it in half and then again and it measures a full 3 inches thick - lots of cushy for da baby tushy. And of course, machine washable. I hope he likes it.
No, the angle of this pic isn't off and no, I'm not messing with your head. The door is cut on an angle and is only about 4 feet tall at it's highest/inside corner point. This will eventually become my Fiber Room. Oh, I'll also stash my bead stuff and soapmaking supplies and probably the candle-making gear in here too but the point is, (and I do have one), is that it's going to be MY Space! Besides, this little Hobbitt-type room is way too small for the Old Man to ever want to muck around in. (Evil laughter echoes off the eaves...) Note also the clear shoe-boxes for future yarn storage, the shelves hauled up the steep stairway and the motivational bag of buffalo fluff.
Last but not least and way off the fiber topic is progress in other areas of the house. (Geesh, how long will I live here until I feel like I've got everything unpacked and in it's proper place?) This space is actually the foyer to the front door - which is never used. However, the Old Man had decided that it was the ideal spot to stash boxes after making a run to storage. Vykky says "NOT". So, 5 boxes and 1 large tote later, we've got a mini-library. Yes, there's still a couple of boxes hiding in there and - OH - look...it's my vacuum too! Guess I've no more excuses, huh.

No comments: