Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Treasure Hunt for You and Me

I've written previously about working on my "wood pile". That's because - when you heat with wood, you need to have wood and you need to store it properly. Well, it's been rather chilly here the past couple of days and it got me to thinking about finally digging out/clearing/building/stacking my wood pile. This is what I was starting out with...a week or two's wood but in the "tall-as-me" grass and blackberries. I'll need space to stack more as I obtain it.
I did some of my famous "tromping" technique and cleared out a good sized space to stack wood. There's pallets underneath the few grass clumps I've not pulled or cut yet. The fence posts are mostly deep into the ground to act as an open-air support wall. I'm gonna go out on a limb (hehe, I made a funny) and say that I think I can stack about 5 cords of split wood in this space. Maybe More?
I spy with my little eye some treasure hiding under this brush pile! How-about I have a fun little contest here and offer the following: I'll send a set of "made for you" row and stitch markers to one lucky Reader who can 1)guess what the treasure is and 2) offer an idea for better blog reading here at Vykky With "Y"s.
Here's a hint! Let's see...there's a can covering an exhaust pipe of sorts and that's a spark plug...so we can assume it's a gas-powered engine of some kind. (That, and the 3 old, cracked and in pieces gas cans I found in the brush!) And, you can't see it but it's sitting on an axle with road tires on it. Hmmm...
Another hint! This is the "business end" of the contraption. Looks like pretty heavy steel to me. And hoses of some kind going which-a-way. What in the world? Post a comment to this entry (or my blog in general) and share your guess as to what this treasure might be. After a week or so, I'll see if anyone has guessed right and then will randomly pick amongst those who figured out the treasure!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably way off target, but I would guess a log splitter of some sort. Looks like hydraulic lines are part of the system.

As far as blog reading, when I am ready for a spruce up I usually change my template. I was using Blogger until about a year ago and now I use Word Press. Much more versatile and still free.

Vykky said...

Good guess Nautical! On today's agenda is actually digging the thing out. (Coffee...I need more coffee!)
Template change - checking out WordPress - hmmm...now you've got me thinking!