Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Catching Up

Catching up here as there's been a whole lot happening but not a lot to show for it. Doncha just hate that? You work your fanny off but when you step back and look at the source of your sweat, the only thing you feel is frustration. Grrr.
Anyhoo, you might have noticed my progress bars to the right are all wonky. Well, it's not the bars - it's the projects. Let's see...the Baby Blanket is done but I haven't gifted it to the new Mama and Baby yet so it's still on the list. The Hemp/Cashmere Beret for my DD is truely the Project from Hell. Cast on 4 times, frogged 4 times. Made it up to 5 rows and it sucks. I hate the yarn. The pattern is blech. At times I've got all 5 DPN's fumbling in my fingers. Grrr all over. And then there's the Moebius Cowl. It's 99.9 percent done - but - it's wrong. Too long, too narrow and not quite enough yarn to finish casting off. More Grrr. I'm going to frog the whole mess (that poor yarn - this makes the 5th time it's been knitted then frogged out), then I'll cast on with a co-ordinating yarn, do a few rows with that, do the bulk of the cowl in that yummy and durable stuff then do the I-cord cast off in the previously used starting yarn. I'll make it about a third smaller and it should be about right for me. Whew.
As far as news in other areas, this shows the giant brush pile I faced to dig up my latest treasure and to tidy that portion of the driveway. I've made huge progress - can even hitch up "the treasure" and tow it out in the open now if I want. I've got several rows of seasoned wood I found under the brush and have had a few nicely warming fires in the wood stove this past week. There's a neat stack of twigs drying that will be broken into stove-sized lengths for kindling and a bunch of bigger stuff that I'll need to use the saw on. I even found a few dozen fence posts! The Old Man is right this moment bringing home some wood to add to the project but I'll try to get a pic here soon. It's so nice to actually see a before and after of things.
Knitting news is not good, I'm afraid. My Ravelry invite is coming closer - maybe even this week. So up the stairs I went - camera in hand - to start the fun but daunting process of photographing all of my yarn and fiber stash. Problem? I'm baby-sitting my daughter's cat, who came here with fleas and decided to force her way into the fiber room. I now have a full-fledged infestation! I'm massively bummed as all - ALL - of my yarn is up there (plus a hundred pounds or more of fiber) and with the other projects on hold or done, I can't get to any of it to start anything! I've got the room sealed up, a fogger went off earlier today and I'm still using the powdered Borax everywhere upstairs. Sigh. I guess I've got it easy since tomorrow the perpetrator of this horrible crime gets a bath. Gasp. (Have you ever bathed a Siamese? The thought makes me shudder).
So, how was your week?

No comments: