Monday, September 10, 2007

Slugs Are Speedier

Having a totally detached lazy sort of day here. I should be looking for my box of beading supplies for the perfect beads to use on my SotS KAL stole. I should be working on the wood pile at the side of the driveway. I could be working on cleaning up my fiber den/craft room. I could be giving the bunnies a hair cut. Instead, I will probably curl up in my favorite Mama Bear chair with the not-yet-started moebius cowl thing or, better yet, this project for my DD for a Christmas gift.
The moebius should win out since I can no longer remember what yarn I chose for it. But that cute little beret in pistachio for my daughter will most likely be chosen. Isn't that the cutest little kit you've ever seen? It comes with it's own little mini-tote bag for dragging the project around in (or, just for keeping it safe from curious kitties). I looked through their pattern book while at my LYS today and there's a couple of things I'd like to make in there. Funny thing though, I've never knit from a pattern. I mean, yes, I've had a pattern sitting there for reference and yes, I've read and re-read them enough. But I always - Always - end up doing things my way. (No, I don't have control issues - I just like my projects to be "my" projects. My old Shrink understood and it's ok if you don't). So what will end up happening is that I'll choose...say, the camisole pattern. Then I'll do the math and use that sinfully silky bamboo stuff and a needle size I like the look of and make it several inches longer and viola! I've made a nightie. Call me weird - I'm ok with that.

No comments: