Thursday, October 4, 2007

So Far Behind...

I'm so far behind, I think I'm back in 1st place!
Actually, with this, our first storm of the season still hanging around...the focus is starting to shift indoors. I'm thinking it's the shift that's making me feel behind and somewhat out of sorts.
OK, to begin the "catching up": note the Progress Bars have been adjusted. The Baby Blanket That Won't End will be gift-wrapped today - so it's gone from the list.
The Moebius Cowl is now in hibernation - maybe permanently. I've just lost my "go get em" on that project. Perhaps it's the consistent frogging of that lovely yarn I'm quietly bemoaning. The Socks suffered a direct hit from Cat Mischeif a few days ago. Puddha didn't mean it, I think he thought he was helping. But...the sock is no more. Had to frog it out completely and have just cast it back on...no real work on it yet.
Newly cast-on and loving it is this shawl-collar pullover from the mag Knit N Style. I'm doing it in an indestructible machine-wash blend as it's destined to become a chore sweater. I simply love - and always have - shawl collars on pullover sweaters. And since my injuries a few years ago, it seems I can never keep my neck and shoulders warm enough. This pattern fits the bill perfectly.I had finished all my UFO's and had sorted and carried up to the fiber room all my "stuff" in anticipation of the first clue for The Secret of the Stole KAL. Alas, I couldn't stand the wait and cast on this sweater. I'm hoping I'll be able to make time to work on it in-between keeping up with the release of clues for the SotS as I'll hate to see it languish until New Year's Eve.
In other fiber news, I got my invite to Ravelry! OMG...this is an OCD person's dreamland! I have spent many hours already just cruising around - absorbing, exploring and filling out information. Now that I'm "in", I've had to get serious about organization of the fiber room and all my tools, supplies and stash. For those of you still on the waiting list, now is the time to get those pics taken and uploaded to flickr.com. Now is the time to hunt down those rogue needles lazying about in UFO's and jot down their vitals. Gather your patterns into one place...like, a binder or something. Organize, list and document! Oh, and go get the web browser FireFox. Ravelry was and is designed for it and besides, the "other guys" not only leave you vulnerable to hacksters, they act a bit odd with it. It's so worth it to use the FireFox.
Since the stater went out on the Jetta last week, the "outside project" focus shifted from the wood pile to auto mechanics. This became one of those tasks that soon rocketed out of my skill kit. The Old Man busted his fanny - night after night - re-building fuel and ignition parts to work with the new starter and just last night, we got her running again. For an 18 year old car with over 500,000 miles on her, she still runs pretty good. (I'll snap a pic of her when it stops raining - I think you'll be surprised by how good she looks for her age).
As far as the wood pile goes...it's going too quickly! With the sudden drop of temps during this storm and trying to work on Betty the Jetty in the cold and rain...we've had the wood stove going most nights. Sure am gonna have to get better at slower burning for more efficient heating.
OK...cat on lap (Freaky Kitty), rain on the slider but have stuff to do. More - and pics - soon as something's done!

No comments: