Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Hint 1 of the Secret of the Stole Complete!

The Bad News is that the Old Man whacked out his back again. His surgery in late Feb. was immensely helpful in relieving pain and enabling movement. But a few days ago, he walked HARD into an immoveable object at work and jarred a couple of bad vertebrae out of place. Today, he was unable to get up to even think about leaving the house for work so he's been home with me and the critters. Of course, I was focused on knitting the Secret of the Stole and must express gratitude for an understanding Doctor and narcotic pain killers. Vicodan is our Friend.
The Good News is that while he was off in his codeine-based fog, I was finishing the last 8 rows (again!) of Hint One. Here's a close-up of the left point. I really like this yarn - even though it's a bit stiff, it's got lovely colors all through it. (It would make a great winter sweater!) The beads are barely visible but I like it. And at this point, that's all that counts.
And here's a full project shot. I see two possible "oopses" and two definite oopses. BUT...I'm not ripping it out again and the two definites can be tidied up with sewing skills. (You wouldn't know they were there if I hadn't just told you!) Before the next hint is released, I must do row 84 anyway and will check it more closely then. Now, I just had to photograph it and put it away for a day or two. If you know what I mean! (And yes, many of you do know what I mean!)
And now, since he's finally somewhat comfortable in his "Papa Chair", and Hint 1 is truely and really finished...I'm going to curl up in my own "Mama Bear Chair" next to him, listen to him breathe, (always a concern with narcotics that are respiratory depressants) and calmly work on my Colorado Lynne sweater.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh that is just fabulous! I absolutely love the color!!! Can't wait til Friday...

Vykky said...

Thank you so much! Not only for the compliment but also for what is becoming a gorgeous design...even under my fumbling fingers! Isn't that color wonderful? I'm really thinking sweater - maybe with solid accents on collar and cuffs. But first...Hint Number 2! (C'mon Friday!)

HDW said...

OOOOOH I love it! What kind of yarn is that? It is probbly in a previous post! I love it!

Vykky said...

Thanks HDW...it's a fuzzy and easily splittable (LOL) fingering from Jamieson's. I adore the subtle play of color. I tried doing many many swatches with the lace weight and it was just too big a step for me. (My local shop girl calls me a "Butch Knitter" because all I've ever done are blankets, sweaters and other bigger stuff.) I am going to do the Mystic Waters shawl but in my own time. (Just call me a Turtle) This is an awesome project (pretty and not too incredibly hard) for me to learn on as I've never followed a pattern, never done lace-work at all and never used beads. Can you tell I like to learn?!?