Thursday, August 9, 2007

Baby Wrap N' Play Blanket


Baby Wrap N' Play Blanket
Originally uploaded by vykky3630
I always have one or two projects going out of a big box/commercial yarn that I can drag out to the race track without worry. (I mean, how many people do you see knitting at a dirt race track? Yup, one. Me.) Anyhoo, the is a super chunky yarn - polyester and washable wool - that is becoming a very thick blanket for the aforementioned soon-to-be baby boy. It's thick enough to be a cushion for him to rest on and soft enough to cuddle him into. I'm doing a simple dish-cloth sort of pattern (that I'm making up as I go. I'm good at doing that but hate not remembering when stuff turns out cool). I really like the cushy dobby border edge. The color came out weird in this pic though...it's a very dark wine with black all through it. (There's going to be hats and booties to coordinate done in black with some of this as accent

No comments: