Monday, August 27, 2007

In Loving Memory of Matt Roosa


Matt and Nikki
Originally uploaded by vykky3630
Sunday night - his birthday - our dear friend Matt had his last ride on this earth. I'm crying as I type this because it need not have happened. Now, I'm all for pro-choice when it comes to motorcycle helmets. Many of my friends and Elders wish the law did not require they wear one. But, those same damned restrictive laws might have saved this precious young man's life. Matt was one of many fellow riders who chose to wear a non-DOT little tiny "cap" as his helmet. And since his injuries from laying down his bike were not that severe, it breaks my heart to think he could be alive and with us today...but I respect his choice. No more soap-box but dammit, why do the good all die young?
This pic was snapped of Matt and my DD on a wonderful ride up in the Winthrop, Washington area which was near where Mattie went off the road this week. My DD was not with him on this - his last - trip...but she could have been.
Deep Gulping Mother-ly Breath.
Mattie was one of those rare creatures now-a-days...he wasn't a "party animal", he was a friend to any and everyone...he worked hard on his job and with impressive creativity, patience and love for his co-workers too. He volunteered many hours at our race track and was widely known for his independence and open mind. His heart was as big as all of this state and he is sorely missed.
Forever riding free now...we miss you Matt!

No comments: