Thursday, August 9, 2007

My First Socks are Started!


My First Socks are Started!
Originally uploaded by vykky3630
Finally, I've dived into the Sock Pool. All these years of knitting and I've never made socks. Hats, scarves, sweaters, slippers and a lot of blankets but never been even tempted to do socks. But since I've gotten addicted to the Lime N Violet podcasts/blog/Message Board, I had to give in. I gotta tell you though...I really wanted to throw the whole mess out the window last night! What a major PITA. I've always preferred bigger yarns and bigger needles. So I even spent the past couple of months working with finer yarns (threads? Grrr) and tiny delicate needles. Again...what a major PITA. But....I learned that once I got it cast on and completed that first horrid row, it's not so bad. Of course, I'm no-where near the heel yet so my attitude improvement might fail here soon. I'll keep you posted

No comments: